Summer Research

I shall talk about my research in this post.
My research topic is about characterization of nanofibre non-woven properties.
In a simple context, it is all about making paper sheets from various nanofibres and finding out its structural properties as well as fibre strength in nano or micron scale.

OMG~ By typing the above paragraph, I can sense the dullness in this topic.
Why on Earth did I pick this as my first priority? To be honest, I submitted the application form like few days after it was released without even knowing most of the supervisors available. It's not until the second half of the semester only I realised what is done by those taking pulp and paper as their elective. But but, by that time, I wasn't even aware of what did I put for my preference and I never know that I'll obtain my 1st preference or I'd even obtain this summer vacation scholarship.

Even though we are allowed to submit the application form more than once and they will only consider the latest online form that we submit, but you have to understand how troublesome is it to fill up the form. There're lots of things to fill in and I bet nobody would love to do it twice. *Big SIGH*
If I were to pick it again I will switch my second preference to the first. I guess I won't mind doing something regarding process control under Karen. Wonder who is dealing with that topic..it might be a bit tough but who cares..the summer vacation is all about learning stuffs, getting paid without any allocation of marks. *REGRETFUL*

There are only 2 reasons I was attracted to sign up the summer vacation.
No. 1 is the pay of AUD480 per week. Seems a lot huh?
But to think twice, if u r able to get any part time job even working as cleaning lady, u might be able to earn more than tat!!
The No. 2 reason would be this experience will look good on my resume and might help slightly for my research project next year.

If it wasn't for that 2 reasons above, I'd certainly have gone home rather than suffering the 9 to 5 office hour routinely. I've suffered enough last year when doing my internship in Simpang Ampat. T_T
Usually, research work is flexible like my other friends. Only me and my research partner need to suffer on the FIX working hour. Sien dou sei aaaaa...
Some of my friends can even work from home and still getting paid!
Some of their supervisors went conference and were away from uni, which mean they are sort of like on holidays as well..for ~1 month!!! *SCREAMS*
ARGH!! Unfair UNfair UNFAIR!!!!

It's only the 3rd week..N I've 9 more weeks to go...............
Time creeps by slowly..this tortoise speed is really giving me a great pain. =/

Can't wait for next Friday, I'll be flying home on a jet plane.
But sadly, it's only for 2 weeks due to Uni closing down for xmas and new year break.
How pathetic my summer break is!
I'm gonna treat my 2 weeks in Malaysia as colourful as possible..
So if there's any interesting plan within that period PLEASE notify me as well!!

0 comments: