What to do leh..The connection in hostel sucks!
If by using the connection in hostel..it will be like almost impossible to hv updates in my blog..
Anyway, just to let u guys know that..I like Friday after 11am the most..Hiak hiak..
Cz I'm totally free after 11am..
Basically, I only have an hour class on Friday..
Ahem..I guess most of u sure will be thinking.."Ei?Engineering course is similar to commerce courses..also so relax one o?"
Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!
This is because I allocated most of my tutorials n lab classes to first few days of the week..
This is called, "xian1 ku3 hou4 tian2"..
Suffer for 2 or 3 days..then finally can relax A BIT..
This is the 3rd week of commencement of class d..
Things are getting more hectic n tough..
Projects, assignments have been distributed to us..
We even had a small quiz few days ago..
Notice the word--small..Hahax..It's kinda a small one if compared to the real exam thingy..
Moreover, there will be another quiz on next Thurs..
N Next Tues gonna present a project..
It's something like transportation of raw chicken-egg by using a catapult with a normal brown rubber band to the greatest possible horinzontal displacement without breaking the egg.
For the past few years, there aint that much restrictions in this project..
It might seem to be similar to the project tat those seniors had before..
But this time, Dr. Lan instilled even more restriction for the rules..
- There's no restriction on the material that could be used for the vehicle. However, the components cannot be parts from toy car. (This is for sure..if not all of us will jz go get a controllable modified racing car..Hahax)
- The vehicle must not have any parts that can rotate. The egg must not rotate as well while the vehilce is moving and must remain on the vehicle. (last two years, some seniors used plate or disc to make the 'vehicle' roll..n it can move to endless distance..XD..How Iwish I can just copy this idea..too bad..it's restricted..)
- Must design and construct own catapult using only one standard rubber band. The rubber band may be cut but it may not be treated with chemicals or heated or cooled. (Rubber band must be the one provided.)
- The vehicle must be launced using a catapult using rubber band. (Spring or other stuffs cannot be used then..if not it will be based on spring force n not elasticity of rubber band..)
- The catapult with the rubber band must be anchored to the ground at the starting point. (So that we cannot add a slide ourself to accelerate the 'vehicle')
- Not allowed to use any lubricant in the form of liquid (including ice) or powder for test-runs. (Last year some seniors used the idea of ice to increase the speed..so now this is banned..)
- The surface of the floor is not a smooth one..It's like normal tiles floor but not the licin licin type..n have gaps between the tiles..(Increasing the frictional force..aihz)
- Displacement will be measured relative to the center point of the egg.
- All broken eggs will get the same lowest mark.
- Unbroken eggs will be ranked accordingly to displacement.
I'm really blur n Clueless of what to do..
I've only simple idea..put da egg in a box..make a traditional catapult..pull the rubber band..let go...n that's it!!
I've been asking opinions from a few seniors since the task was given..Meaning a week ago..
N really hands on to do it last two nights..
Well, I'm not really the one that forming the thing..
Kept on kena shot by Godfrey (one of the seniors)..Saying that it's like not mine project but in fact his..
Hehe..Appreciated ur efforts much la..n also Tim's one as well..Not to forget Ricky..
They gave me some ideas..but most of them cant be applied due to the restrictions..
I understand the reason that Dr Lan sets all these restrictions..preventing us from copying our seniors' project..
But..come to think of it..no rotating part..without the help of liquid(ice) or powder..using a normal rubber band which has not much elasticity.. it's harder than tough to transport an egg to 10m distance..isnt it?
Yea..The lecturer said..it can be done to a distance of 10m!!
Is it possible?
Well, since he can say so..there must be a way..
Just that we still unable to come out with that idea..
C'mon!A 3-weeks student has to do such a project..n expect it to go 10m far..Whoa..It's really a high expectation..
Maybe some people might be able to do it..but just not me..
Sigh..This is the moment I started to have doubts in myself for taking up this course..
The 1st project for sure is the simplest one..
N yet, I've already have difficulties in handling it..
Then..started to think a lot..have confusion in myself..
I remembered what I used to have in the list of my ambition - Computer Engineer..
Somehow this ambition is abandoned..due to some bad feedbacks from my uncles continuously for a few years since primary till secondary..
"It's no longer demanding in the market..Requested a lot of upgrading in the IT world..Need lots of creativity in programming..bla bla bla"
They are like just not encouraging me to study that..
I know..the future is mine..not theirs..so whatever decision I make shouldnt be influenced so much by others..
However..they have much experiences than me for sure in the working level..They know what is happening in the market..So I still have to consider their words..
Soon or later after that, I gave up computer science n planned to study either accounting or engineering..
My accounting choice is demolished..after HSC..haha..To me, accounting is just plain boring..I couldnt imagine for the rest of my life I'm going to just balance the journal n things like that..although some might think that they can gain 'cheng2 jiu4 gan3' when they succeed in balancing the journal..(which is my mum..XD)..I dont think I can bear with it..Erm..No offence yea..for those taking accounting or planning to take it..This is just simply how I feel about this subject..Neway, every individual has different interest n opinion towards the same thing..right?
Furthermore, I dislike biology..n I am not capable in arts or designing..so..what more options do I have?
Haha..If u ask me..am I a Physics fan...The answer is absolutely no..
N why am I taking engineering? I suppose this is the like da only choice that I have..so sad..
K..back to what I said earlier on..
I've doubts..n so..I went to consult the course advice manager..
Well..I know it's not possible to change course right now..cz it's already the 3rd week..n if I just drop out now n wait for the next sem..I'd have wasted time n money..
I know time n money are not the very main concerns..the most vital prospect still is my interest in the course..
After talking to her, somehow I know what I should do..
IT course can be my interest..I can put extra attention on it..perhaps choose it as electives subjects in the future..but the main thing is to stick with engineering..try my very best..after struggling through the 1st year..N I'll be able to get into the branch that I wish to..n then I wont be facing so much of mechanical or worse still physics stuffs..
Phew..Feel even more relaxing n less tense after typing these things out..
Sorry yea if u happen to read about this post..
Must have bored you..hahax..
I just wanna let go things that bothered me for a week plus..
Gamba-Gambateh!!
P/S: If any of u got any idea about the transportation of egg, please be kind to this poor gal here..Do share with me ur precious ideas..Hehe..Ur effort will be much appreciated!!



2 comments:
hey my 1st first workshop was sth abt the egg too XD but i dunno wat egg is dat...chicken or duck gua XD we designed something to protect the egg so dat it wont break when it's dropped at high levels..hehe..
i m facing difficulties here too..alwiz blur and lost...not sure how to do the work or drawings etc.. T.T jia you to all of us la XD my cousin said 1st yr in engineering was tough coz need to EAT lotsa KETCHUP! XD give urself some time, u'll be fine =) +u +u!!!
Mew!!My 2nd projet gonna be the same as urs too.."Humpty Dumpty"
U can ask ur cousin about it..I bet he has done this project before..Shun bian can give me some clues..Bleukz
+ U + U together..
Miss u muchie~
Post a Comment