I guess quite many ppl didnt know tat I went Bangkok..Cz my phone been
ringing from time to time..Sorry peeps..I couldnt answer ur phone calls
ler..If not it gonna cost me big bucks due to the roaming =.=..N dont
even expect getting a sms reply which cost RM2 from me..It's bloody
costly!!
Well, to be honest, it's not as exciting as any other trips I've jz
gone for the recent years..Maybe I've been so used to go Hatyai; and
Bangkok doesnt seem to have much differences apart of looking a little bit
more modern..But the people there are still the same like those I've
meet in Hatyai..N I would say the traffic is equally or even more
terribly jam than in KL..U would see more public transport like buses n
taxis than other self vehicles..This is sth very different from
Msia..The number of taxi on the road is equal to the number of local
car like Proton or Perodua =.=
ALL da systems in Bangkok still got serious rooms of improvement..traffic wise, travelling wise, education wise...bla bla bla etc..
I jz feel like I'm a 'buta huruf' during my trip over there..
I can't read
I can't listen
I can't speak
All (90%) of the wordings I saw there are in Siam..Even the name of the
shops, roads, advertisement..etc also written in Siam..How do u expect
tourists like me to understand..A little of English words on the banner
is good enough..Unlike our Malay words..they are still in proper
alphabtical form..Over there knowing ABC is not enough..
80% of the people over there couldnt speak English..(This doesnt
include proper English)..U see my level of English is terrible enough,
n theirs are even dot dot dot..
In Hatyai there are moe majority of
Chinese Siamese there, so I can get to listen teow chew or chinese
there..not as worse as situation in Bangkok..No Chinese dialect nor
English..Jz can sense the uselessness of my eyesight, hearing n vocal
cords..Da lucky thing is that my mum knows how to converse in Thai..N
my mum became the translator in between..If not I can imagine me
talking alien language with them =.=
As most ppl know, I dont like Thai food..So u can expect how good is my
appetite gonna be like when I was there..I barely eat anything for each
meal..LoLx..Actually not only Thai food la..For the time being there, I
was a person as though wont experience hunger..Hmm..Is it a good
news?..Hahax..Then I wont put on weight after a trip..I guess most ppl
sure think that I'm dumb..Thai food taste so nice..sour yet spicy..Why
wouldnt I like it..Whatever larh..Not my type means not my
type..(Erm..I jz measured my weight..I lose weight le =.=..Or perhaps
the weighing machine is technically spoilt? XD)
Woah!!~ So much of complains..Wahaha..
Like it is not a destination worth going at all..
Hehe..Hold ON Hold ON!!
Here come the nicest part of Bangkok --> It's simply a SHOPPING
HEAVAN!!
It might also be food heaven if u are someone fancy of Thai food..But
dont ask comment from me..Hehe..Cz I know nth about it..
It's also a reflexology heaven where u can get nice spa n massage
almost anywhere anytime..LoLx..
Back to shopping..XD
Believe it or not..Even if u r not a shopaholic normally, u would kind
of turn to become one when u get over there..Becoz..becoz....The price
is incredibly CHEAP!!! No doubt about it..Hahax..Cz my mum n I jz
underwent the transformation..LoLx..
The clothes over there are about more than 50% discount from the price
that we could get here..Excluding those REAL BRANDED stuffs la..The
price is still about the same..Jz some currency deviations..Since all
the stuffs are so damn cheap..U wont realise how much u have
spent..Hehe..Kept shop shop shop happily..Even ppl like my mum whom
practice 'jimat cermat' always de also made an exception this time..XD
Till we got back to hotel n started calculating how much have we
spent..N found that the figure is damn huge for average ppl like
us..about 6000 Thai bahts on 1st day..*Pengsan*..The things so cheap
yet we can spent so much..LoLx..
The recommended shopping spot is Pratunam area..
Hehe..It's kinda like our Sungai Wang..Jz that comparatively more
bargain can be done that..If a shirt cost RM60 in Sg Wang, probably the
same shirt would cost for RM15-RM25 at Pratunam..It's more of wholesale
selling..
piece to be more expensive..N u have to be daring enough to bargain, if
not u will soh soh kena conned..Especially if u duno their language..So
learn some important phrases for bargain before going off for shopping
is an important step..Hehe..I've my mum..So it settled everything..
Anyway, here is a learning thai phrases session from me..Hahax..
Though it might sound a little weird..I jz catch da pronounciation by
myself.. 'pi' is to greet ppl informally, to ask a guy or gal sth;
'dai mai' is usually used for asking "can you.... or can i..."
questions,
n all "dai mai" ques r answered wiv 'dai' for "yes" and 'mai
dai' for "no";
'peng' means expensive;
'tok' means cheap, adding 'gwar' after it makes it "cheaper";
'see'
means colour;
'yai' means big;
'lek' means small;
'mee' means have;
'mai mee' means dont have;
Eg: 'mee took gwar mai' means "Do you hv sth cheaper?"
Oh yea..u need to noe the numbering as well..
'neng song sum xi ha hok zap pet gao sip' means number 1 to 10..
Hehe..That's all I guess..Hope it's helpful enough..Keke~
Beside shoppings, I've visited the floating market n Safari World as well..
Damnoen Saduak Floating market is one of the tourist attraction in Bangkok..whereby the selling n buying business are done in canals on river..BUT..The price isnt as cheap as those u can get in the market..Floating market is no longer a favourite spot for local people..It jz turns into a market for tourists..
If u would like some dead cheap stuffs yet similar to those u can get from floating market especially local art stuffs, my suggestion is tat u can go to Suan Lom Night Bazaar..It is opened from 6 evening till 12 midnight..Since the shopping complex close quite early in Bangkok, night bazaar is quite a good place if u feel like continue shopping..^^
According to my planning, supposingly we should be going Dream World (A theme park in Bangkok).. but after some consideration..Changed the plan n headed to Safari World though both of these destination are about the same way..Jz couldnt imagine going to theme park with my parents whereby I hv to go for all the thrilling rides on my own..It'd be better if someone could accompany me for the rides n share the fun..
Well, Safari World is not that bad after all..It's far away from city..it took us more than an hour to reach there..n by the time we were there, it's already lunch time..Missed quite a few shows..So saad..Luckily didnt miss out my fav dolphins show..Hehe..
There are tons of animals in safari park n marine park....namely -- Lion Tiger Leopard Giraffe Zebra Goat Deer Ox Elephant Kangaroo Porcupine Orang Utan Crocodile Snake Peacock Parrot Pelican Swan Dolphin Whale Polar Bear Sealion......etc etc
But still, the shows available there couldnt beat those in other countries..They use Thai as main language for those performances..=.=..Which tourists would understand Thai so much?..Really lack common sense..They didnt put the main priority for tourists, yet the figure they earned from tourism industry is larger than Msia..Couldnt understand the logic behind..=.=
Ta-da!!~
Present u with......Intimate moment of Lions
Here comes the photo corner of food category..LoLx
Apart from the photos shown, we also ate seafood n steamboat..Too much photos in this post d..I think I should control somehow
Last day at Bangkok..Jz to board the plane n got home safely..
Guess wat? We encountered a super duper long queue in order to get in the departure immigration..They have got too much of process at the immigration part d ler..that's why I said this country really hv got lots to improve ler..Imagine u have to queue up for like 45 min jz to get a chop for ur passport..Really bad at management..N we nearly miss our flight =.=.. It was last calling when we enter the gate..Phew~~
Still got a lot of photos ler..It would be like a photo blog if I finish uploading..Tired le..till here ba...
There are still lots of posts tat I havent complete..Hopefully I would finish them up before uni starts..



3 comments:
the food there is good, i miss the tomyam *slurp* and the shopping, especially the bargains ( i had my dad do it for me too as he can converse in siam language) heheh
ya that's all. apart from the food and the shopping, nothing else makes me feel nostalgic bout the place at all :P
Haha..whereas for me..Shopping is the ONLY thing that I can relate in Bangkok..Next time I wil jz go there as a shopping trip will do..LOLX
wah sounds like fun. esp the shopping, and the jelly looks nice...
Post a Comment