Going Up N Down ((Mood:Down))


Sigh..My dynamics project gg le..


Had my Dynamics project today..with the title--Going Up And Down..

Basically, we have to build a device to travel up a slope and make a U-turn then back to the finishing line..

Isometric View of the Track

We have some requirements on this project..
-Each team has no more than 3 people. (My team has only 2 people, Hsiao Hui n me.)
-The device must not exceed 4kg. (Well, this rule doesnt bother anyone at all I guess.)
-Materials used are common ones, which can be obtained from toy shop or DIY shop. (In short, we can use toy car with some modifications.)
-No restriction on source power, can be either mechanical or electrical or even combination of both. (Most people used batteries as the source power.)
-Prior to launching, the device has to be placed within the 'starting' box.
-Once the run is initiated, there must be no contact between the device and the team.
-The device must not cross the barrier at any time.
-The entire device has to be completely crossed over the line for a success run.

The performance of calculation is shown as below based on its final position..
Stage Points
Start 0.2
1 0.4
2 0.5
3 0.7
4 0.8
Finish 1.0
*0.2 points can only be obtained for legal device that has crossed the starting line.

A total of overall marks of 10% is allocated for this project, where
5% for performance
3% for report
2% for innovation.

So much for the rules and regulation part.

Now is all about the hands on experience part..

I'm consider lucky enough to have a cousin who has a a programmable lego car..n so I jz borrow from him ..n learn the programming part from him within one night..
But this is not the end of it..
Still have to test it out again n again at the lab..
By then, only I found out that after testing it out for a few times, the battery power will decrease quite a lot..
Meaning that for a few test runs, I need to readjust the programming part..
Moreover the more I test it, the tyres actually get torn..n the car doesnt move in a straight line since then..
The results of success that I get is like 1 out of 10..It's not consistent at all!!
The more I do, the worse I get..Argh~~

Before the formal testing, things are still like 50 50..NO!!..The probability is lesser than 0.5 for the success rate..Getting more n more stressed..
But what more can I do beside focus on the programming part..
Sigh..I'm the only one who knows the programming..n I should be familiar with it after countless of test runs..

Several groups also face problems for their official runs..
Before the official one, everything is like perfect for their devices..I saw it..We saw it!
But somehow during the real thing, the device doesn't work like it used to be..
It just broke down somehow at the very important moment..Deja vu happened here n there..
Many seniors did tell me before..everything is smooth during normal testing, but jz kee siao during the official one..
The first few groups faced that problems..N I got more n more 'gan cheong'..
Both my hands were shivering cold..Heart pounded even faster than the time doing the egg drop project..
The moment when I saw other group failed, I felt the emotional part in me..
So fast n so soon..it's my turn..right after the damn nice mechanical design device which turned out to be a failure..
We can run as many tests during the 10 min given..notify the lecturer when we want it to be the official test run..We got 3 attempts for this..
The car managed to complete the track during the 2nd try..
But..we didnt name it as the official one..
The 1st n 2nd official test failed jor..
I was very confused d..Someone suggested changing batteries as the power is getting more n more weak..So I just changed them without thinking much..
Just after that only I remembered that..after changing the batteries, the programme in the device will be lost..
Need to retransmit the programme to the device through a infrared tower connecting to the pc..
N I got no idea what happened that the software suddenly need 4 minutes to download the duno what sh*t..
Last time this doesnt happen even though I changed batteries..
N the 10min time has ended before I manage to transmit the programming into the car..
Well, Dr. Keith is kind enough to let us try again later but we wont be eligible for the final round competition..
That competition is for those who are able to complete the run and compete against each other..to see which device can win the title--best performance..N will be awarded another 4%..
I dun care le..As long as I can complete the run..

N the weirdest part is that...Everyone was so quiet during my test run..
It's like everyone is paying full attention to my device..
Argh~Made me even tensed..
Not only I'm awkward ba..My lego car too felt pai seh..><..

K..done..can transmit le..
Go for try out..1st time failed..2nd time success..3rd time official run... Dang~Sei jor..
I still can remember vividly how the final run is like..
It didnt go up the track in a straight line..though it managed to make a U turn..but it didnt come down straight..senget le..It was stucked between the 4th and the final box..Almost a success le..!@#$%..aRGH!!~

The following part needless to tell le..
Tears rolled down silently..aihz..Didnt want to be like that..
Just a project after all..
But still..uncontrollable..
Useless huh..Still like a kid..
Perhaps..I really dun wanna grow up..

This is the 2nd time already..
Whenever I was the one lauching the project..sure got problem one..
Aihz..Me Me ME....Why am I so useless ne?
Just a bit bit of pressure n I cant stand it d..*Sigh*

Like what Hsiao Hui said..Get 4 marks out of 5..Should consider okay le..
The good luck just not on our side today..
The device also got moody time.."Lau Gai" at the vital moment...>.<..
But still..I feel..bor kam buan..
Grrr... All the effort jz..vanished..
Have to work hard on the report then..
Aihz..Still down down..

My 'bu ting hua' Lego Car..=(

Salvage Car..XD..But look so nice..Better to name it Mickey n Minnie couple car le..
CW, Max, SK..U all must fight for the 4%..Support u all till the end..XD

Sorry yea..Didnt take much photos this time..Not so much mood to take after the failure..

Videos



Chee Hong_John_Siu Hong Car Car..
Using deflector..
Yeng leh..
Go down the track by toppling down..XD


KFC car car..
Two groups using the same design..
Lady luck doesn't strike on it during the formal run for Matthew's group, but the Aric's group succeeded..



Slow and steady win the race..
This couple car has proved this right!

This week is jz aint my luck..First I failed my maths test..then now my dynamics project..Sobz..

Oh Bad Luck..Please just leave me alone..!!!

2 comments:

Chen Yi said...

cheer up yimui..
the bad luck will come and go
they will leave u and u'll have yr good luck back

the fact is that u've put yr entire effort in it and tried yr best
other things are out of yr control
so, dun think too much ya

focus on other things to get the maximum marks la
dun dwell in the past~ be positive!!!

and crying doesn't make u a kid or mean that u're weak
for some of us, it's just a way of releasing sadness and stress
if it helps, why is it wrong to cry right?
dun blame yrself. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks C.Yi..
Feeling much more better d..

Still got loads of exams loaming around the corner..Gonna study study n study..

U too..Take care yea..Especially for ur eyes' sake..*Winks*